Mission, CORE VALUES & INFORMATION
Welcome Letter from Pride Center Staff
The mission of the Pride Center at the University of Georgia is to foster an inclusive, informed community for LGBTQIA+ individuals through collaboration, education, and advocacy.
LGBTQ+ Student Life on Campus · Making Space: Fighting for Inclusion, Building Community at UGA · UGA Special Collections Library Online Exhibitions
There are many values that guide the implementation of the Pride Center’s work, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Recognizing the intersectionality between gender identity, sexuality, and other dimensions of identity and how those intersections impact people’s lived experiences.
- Working toward equity with a focus on individual empowerment and with an intention to change the structural roots of injustice.
- Making space for celebration to foster pride, hope, and commitment to a better world.
- Creating spaces of belonging where individuals feel embraced for their whole selves.
- Rooting our practices in research supported by leading scholarship and best practices.